Date Issued: 22 nd February 2021
Pinlocal is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then please be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Pinlocal may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 22 nd February 2021.
- Who we are
- What we collect
- How we collect your personal data
- Legal Basis for Processing
- What we do with the information we gather
- When we share your personal data
- Where we store your information
- Links to other websites
- Controlling your information
- How long we keep your personal data
- Your data protection rights
- How to contact us
- Changes to this policy
1. Who we are
“Pinlocal” is a trading name of iPlace Global Ltd, 4 Old Park Lane, London, W1K 1QW, who is the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the EU General Data
Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR). The iPlace Global ICO registration number is Z1726192.
2. What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Business name
- Contact information including address, email address and telephone number
- Website address
- Information about the services for which you wish to receive prospective customers
- IP address
- Relevant financial information such as credit or debit card and bank details
- Other information relevant to our ability to provide you with potential customers
- Technical information, used to improve the service and website, including your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, information about your visit including the full URL visited, the source of your visit, products or services viewed or searched for, page interaction information (e.g. scrolling, length of visit), and page response times
- Details of communications with you (e.g. emails to and from you)
3. How we collect your personal data
Most of the data we process will be data that we collect directly from you when you fill in your details on our website, and answer the questions we ask which relate to the service you wish to receive from us, such as the provision of removals, conveyancing, surveying and wills & probate leads.
Where relevant, we will collect personal data from our communications with you – such as email, telephone and so on.
4. Legal Basis for Processing
- We contact you to discuss purchasing products or services from PinLocal under the legal basis of contractual obligation
- The processing and collecting payments for the services we provide to you is processed under the legal basis of contractual obligation
- When processing for marketing and promotion purposes such as sending news of new products or services, special offers or use personal data to improve our services we will process under legitimate interests.
- From time to time we may be required by law to share your personal data with certain public authorities, regulatory bodies or law enforcement agencies, including but not limited to the Information Commissioner’s Office, The National Crime Agency, The Solicitors’ Regulation Authority, The Council for Licensed Conveyancers, The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, HMRC. Where the law requires us to disclose your personal data our legal basis for doing so shall be Legal Obligation.
- We shall only process health or other special category data (such as religious beliefs) where you have provided us with explicit consent to do so.
5. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. We shall use your personal data in particular for the following reasons:
- Contact you to discuss purchasing products or services from Pinlocal and related iPlace Global companies
- Deliver our services to you, specifically providing potential customers who are looking for services such as removals, conveyancing, surveys, wills and probate.
- Processing and collecting payments for the services with which we have provided you
- To contact you to discuss additional iPlace Global or third party products, websites, special offers, services or to provide other related information which we believe you may find useful. You can ask us to stop these communications with you at any time
- For internal record keeping
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by email, phone, or mail for market research or feedback purposes
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests, or to measure the relevance and effectiveness of our advertising
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, technical, electronic, organisational and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use state of the art technology for processing and storing data, and data transfers , including encryption, and access control. Your personal data is processed with confidentiality and integrity.
7. When we share your personal data
iPlace Global may share your personal data with its parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, who may also process the data and communicate with you. If iPlace Global Ltd or its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by iPlace Global Ltd about its customers will be transferred to the acquirer.
We may also share your personal data with data processors who act under our instructions to provide services with confidentiality and integrity in compliance with relevant data protection laws, such as the Act, GDPR and PECR.
We will also disclose information when required to do so by law, for example to disclose your details to government bodies such as HMRC or law enforcement agencies
8. Where we store your information
Your data will usually be held in a destination inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). However, there may be times when the data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries that provide an adequate level of protection. We will use the EU Standard Contract Clauses to cover the transfer of personal data outside the EEA and from the UK to and from countries in the EEA when the UK has left the EEA.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
To help keep our service and website relevant and targeted to our audience, we may use analytical and advertising tools such as Google Analytics and Google AdWords which include specific content features such as remarketing, affinity audiences, custom affinity audiences, “In-market audiences”, similar audiences, demographic and location targeting. We may also use information gathered on this website for remarketing purposes on other third party websites. We do not run interest-based advertising campaigns that collect or analyse any personal identifiable information (eg name, email address, contact details) or pass any of this information to third parties except for the specific purpose of fulfilling your request for quotations.
10. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
11. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may opt out of any Google Analytics Advertising Features through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps or by downloading an add-on for your browser here – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- If you tell us you wish this to happen, we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
12. How long we keep your personal data
All personal data will be held in accordance with our company retention and deletion policy. We only keep your information for as long as it is needed for each of the activities we have identified in this privacy notice, or while you have an active account with us, in order that we may offer and provide our services to you. We will also keep your data for as long as is required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations.
13. Your data protection rights
You have the following rights in relation to the processing of your data:
- Where our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- The right to access the information we hold about you and to be provided with a copy. If you make more than one such request, we will be entitled to charge a reasonable fee for the second and subsequent requests;
- you have the right to ask us to correct or complete any information we hold that you consider to be inaccurate or incomplete – if you believe that the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please tell us as soon as possible.
- The right to ask us to delete the information that we hold about you if, for example, you consider that this information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected it. This is sometimes referred to as “the right to be forgotten”;
- The right to ask us to suspend processing of your data if: (i) you consider that it is inaccurate; or (ii) its processing is unlawful but you do not wish us to delete it; or (iii) we no longer require the data but you need us to keep it for a legal claim; or (iv) you object to the processing and we are verifying whether we have a legitimate reason to continue processing it;
- The right to be provided with a copy of the data that we hold about you in a commonly used electronic format. This is sometimes referred to as “data portability”.
14. How to Contact Us
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or to request details of personal information which we hold about you, please write to The Data Controller, iPlace Global Ltd, 4 Old Park Lane, London, W1K 1QW or email email@example.com. You can contact the iPlace Global Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office - https://ico.org.uk/
15. Changes to this policy
From time to time this policy will be updated if there are any changes in the way Pinlocal processes your personal data. You are advised to review this policy on a regular basis.